With DoubleClick Ad Planner, you specify criteria (such as geography, searched keywords, demographics, and language) to create a list of sites. You can then review traffic, reach, and other key data for each site to help you make informed decisions about where you might advertise.
The DoubleClick Ad Planner account interface consists of:
* A research page, where you can search for sites by name, audience, and content.
* A media plan page, where you can save your desired sites and placements for future reference.
* A publishers page, where site owners can update their site information that’s displayed in DoubleClick Ad Planner.
Watch the following video to get a taste of the Ad Planner:
DoubleClick Ad Planner enables you to:
* Define your audience with multiple criteria, including keywords they’re likely to search for and sites they’re likely to visit.
* Search for websites relevant to your target audience.
* Access unique users, page views, and other data for millions of websites from over 40 countries.
* Create lists of websites where you’d like to advertise.
* Generate aggregated website statistics for your media plan.
* Set filters to show only sites in specific categories, sites with ads, ad formats, and more.
The video below showcases DoubleClick Ad Planner’s navigational features:
Furthermore, the Export to AdWords feature allows you to easily export Google Display Network (GDN) placements from Ad Planner into a new campaign in AdWords. You can also export placements into existing AdWords campaigns and ad groups as well.
The process is simple. Select GDN placements for export and click the “Export to AdWords” button found in the “Research by Audience” and “Media Plan” sections of Ad Planner. Exported placements will appear as either a new ad group or be incorporated into existing campaigns or ad groups in your AdWords accounts. These exported placements can be found in the “Networks” tab under “Managed placements.”
All together, DoubleClick Ad Planner truly is an awesome tool, and if you’re already using AdWords, you really ought not to miss out on this one.