You can transfer one or more domain names to RackNine from another registrar. Follow these instructions to transfer a domain name from your current registrar to us.
Before you authorize your domain name transfer, you must do the following:
- Ensure that the administrative contact for your domain name has a valid email address in the Whois database. Both registrars use this email address to send you important information about the transfer. If it is invalid, contact your current registrar to update it.
NOTE: If your domain name has private registration, a service that hides your personal information from the public, you cannot verify your administrative contact’s email address in the Whois database. First you must contact your current registrar to cancel the private registration, and then you can update the email address, if necessary.
- Unlock your domain name at your current registrar.
- Get an authorization code from your current registrar, if required. Some domain name extensions, primarily country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs), do not require an authorization code. Some registrars display the authorization code in your account with them, while others email it to the administrative contact’s email address upon request.
- Purchase a domain name transfer from our website (Click here to proceed). If the extension you want to transfer is not listed, you cannot transfer the domain name to us.
- We send an email message to the domain name’s administrative contact right after you purchase the transfer. The email contains the transaction ID and security code you need to authorize the transfer in your account with us.
TIP: Prior to purchasing the transfer, you can add Off-site DNS for the domain name in your DNS Manager and select an option to keep its zone file (DNS records) intact. For more information, see Managing Domain Names with Off-site DNS.
The image below illustrates the flow of a domain transfer, including the actions taken by each of the parties involved.
*Please note that all confirmation emails are sent to the Administrative Contact email address listed for the domain.
Additionally each and every RackNine domain name comes with all you need to get online. The cost of your domain registration includes a 5-page website with hosting, spam-free email account, blog, photo album and more – all free with the following extras:
- 5-page website with hosting
Get on the Web fast with one of 90 pre-built websites tailored to a variety of businesses. Includes 8,000 FREE images.
- Personalized Email
Forget email addresses made up of strings of numbers! Your RackNine email address is easy to remember because it has your domain name right in it.
- Photo Album
Share photos of your new baby or latest adventure with Online Photo Album. Offers login-free sharing at your personal domain name (password protection is optional).
- Starter Web page
Eager to start sharing your new Web address? Our Starter Web page is a quick and easy way to let people know you’re officially open for business.
- “For Sale” Page
Looking to sell your domain name? Let the world know with this pre-built Web page – a few seconds is all it takes.
- Quick Blogcast
Exchange thoughts, opinions and creative work with the world through your own blog (Web log) or vlog (video log). A great tool for business!
- Domain Forwarding and Masking
Direct any domain name you own to your website – anyone who types that domain name into their browser is taken directly to your website.
- Domain Locking
Domain locking prevents accidental or intentional transfers of domain ownership and stops anyone from redirecting your nameservers.
- Total DNS Control
Manage your domain nameserver (DNS) records and set your email, FTP, sub-domains and website location – all from one control panel.
- Change of Registration
Assign your domain name to someone else or change the contacts for your domain online anytime. Requires a fee for .UK domains.
- Status Alerts
Monitor the status of your domain and get instant alerts if there’s been a change.
Click here to transfer your domain to RackNine.